Thursday, January 21, 2010


Day 3!

We went to Ocean Park! Hehe it was my first time gng and I was so excited cos there are thrilling rides to be taken!

Our tickets! So cute right! We get to keep our tickets!

The dolphins that greeted us at the entrance!

Ocean Park!

There were many attractions to be seen too! It's like a zoo cum underwater world cum theme park!

And the first animal we saw was...

PANDA!!
I didn't expect to see a real panda there! Panda so cute! And rly can eat a lot! It just keeps eating non-stop haha.


Our first ride was the carousel! Have not taken it for ages! Felt like I was reliving my childhood over again riding the carousel :D

For a trial turbo drop, we took this!

HAHAHAHA KIDDY TURBO DROP!

It was so kiddy that Chan and me couldn't take tgr cos there is only one adult seat. Lol. And Chan was so scared that she made me to take it first! I was quite scared at first but later I found it quite okay, my heart didn't feel like it was gng to drop haha so it's alright!

Haha!

We then took a train to the other side of the ocean park where all the thrilling rides were!

Started off with a mild game - flying swing!
We are flyingggg~
Such a breezer flying up there! A pity Trish didn't join us but well at least she helped us take a lot of pics!! In fact, Trish didn't take any rides with us except the carousel and the ferris wheel!

We went for pirate ship next, thinking it was peanuts just like how my mum thought so when she came here for her honeymoon haha. She went up to the highest end and regretted immediately when it started. She was screaming for the crew to stop but obviously, it didn't HAHA.

Chan and me were not like my mum lah, I wanted to sit higher but Chan insisted on the second lowest. And it was still quite scary despite on the second lowest row HAHA. Well, if you think it in another way, the second lowest row turn out to be the third highest row HAHAHAHA so it's still quite scary k! I lifted up one hand at the one point (the other hand holding onto Chan lol) and Chan said my butt lifted up too at that point! Haha.

And it was a very contradictory sight I see at the opposite side of the pirate ship. One woman sitting at the highest level was raising both her arms high up in the sky, enjoying the game thoroughly while another sitting at the second highest was having some sort of asthma attack throughout the ride. She seemed like gasping for breath the entire ride and I pity the man sitting behind her (her husband I assume) cos he had to keep comforting her and couldn't enjoy the ride fully lol.

Zoom in to see the expression on the lady in front of us. HAHAHAHA

Went to take The Dragon afterwards
I had to take off my spects for this ride so couldn't feel much but when it was gng up the tracks my face, being sandwiched between the protective gear (?) HAHA okay its the you know when you sit for a ride, you have to pull this safety thing down? er.. okay the main thing is my head was sandwiched between it and when it was gng up, my head kept jerking between left and right, and my ear stud kept poking me!! Omg, damn painful! But overall, the ride is not say very scary so it's okay!

We then took eagle which was a big mistake cos it made Chan and me so giddy that we thought we need to rest before taking the actual turbo drop in case we vomit halfway haha! Chan didn't want to take the ride at first, thank god I managed to persaude her! Hahaha, cos I know if I don't take it now, I don't know when is the next time I will ever enter Ocean Park lol. My parents are most likely not gng to come to Ocean Park with me and I won't want to take all the rides alone :(

TURBO DROP!!

The frightening part is the way up cos it moves up very slowly and when you think it's alrdy very high, IT IS STILL MOVING UP. And then the hanging in the air for 10 seconds, gosh. You don't know when to be prepared to plunge down and before you do anything, you are on your way down lol. The worst part is the moment you drop down, it goes up again. WAH I WAS STARTING TO MAKE VERY FUNNY SOUNDS THEN HAHAHA. That's according to Chan lol. I thought I was screaming hahaha but the ride ended quite soon so perhaps no time to actually scream yet? Lol!

Went for lunch and took the flume ride. we didn't want to get ourselves wet so we bought a poncho there and it costs us 25 HKD, which is about 5 SGD! Very expensive! But at least, it kept us dry! And the seal performance is rly nice! Must watch it when you're there! A pity we couldn't watch/ feed the dolphins cos this period is their rest time. So don't go to Ocean Park between 4th and 29th Jan yea? Cos it's winter and the dolphins must keep themselves warm and not catch a cold! (I'm guessing it's because of this that's why they are not performing)

Visited the Atoll Reef and Sea Jelly Spectacular later. Shall let the pics do the talking.

Nemo!

It's smiling at the camera!

I love all my jellyfish pics!

We took a cable car back to the entrance of the Ocean Park so that we could leave for our next destination - Victoria Harbour!

We were there early for the Symphony of Lights at 8pm so we walked along the Avenue of Stars first.

My hands fitted the handprints of this particular artiste!

The Symphony of Lights was rly pretty but standing out in the cold for 15min watching the performance is a bit unbearable because my hands were very cold after that. Think it's because the whole time I was video-recording the laser beam display that's why.

We then went back to the shop we patronised on the first day for dinner!

Sharks fin!

And then it was shopping at temple street before home sweet home!




No comments:

Post a Comment